We aim to create a quality patient experience where excellence is embedded in everything we do. We will provide the necessary structure, focus and support for us to achieve this goal. We will position KHSC as a high performer on the key dimensions of quality to ensure we are always delivering care that is safe, effective, patient-centred, efficient, timely and equitable. This work will be supported through construction and improvements to care environments to best suit the needs of our patients, families and care teams.
To achieve this strategic direction we will:
- Make quality the foundation of everything we do.
- Ensure smooth transitions in care for patients and families across our regional health-care system.
- Lead the evolution of patient engagement and patient- and family-centred care.
- Create the space for better care.
- KHSC has a robust culture of quality where quality improvement and cost efficiency is a part of daily work
- KHSC benchmarks as a high performer amongst Ontario teaching hospitals
- Patients and families are full partners in our innovation, quality improvement and design initiatives
- Our communities are inspired to provide philanthropic support for our master facilities plan
In 2022-2023 together with our patients, families and partners we will:
Implement virtual health service design framework using the TEAMS platform.
Develop and implement monitoring and management structure for adherence to “critical to quality” standards at the unit, program and organizational level.
Maintain financial resilience.
Build long-term capital strategy.
Advance understanding of KHSC’s commitment to implementing the principles of patient- and family-centred care by sharing patient experience stories at all levels of the organization.
Issue a Request for Qualiﬁcations and complete Project-Speciﬁc Output Speciﬁcations.