We aim to create a quality patient experience where excellence is embedded in everything we do. We will provide the necessary structure, focus and support for us to achieve this goal. We will position KHSC as a high performer on the key dimensions of quality to ensure we are always delivering care that is safe, effective, patient-centred, efficient, timely and equitable. This work will be supported through construction and improvements to care environments to best suit the needs of our patients, families and care teams.
To achieve this strategic direction we will:
- Make quality the foundation of everything we do.
- Ensure smooth transitions in care for patients and families across our regional health-care system.
- Lead the evolution of patient engagement and patient- and family-centred care.
- Create the space for better care.
- KHSC has a robust culture of quality where quality improvement and cost efficiency is a part of daily work
- KHSC benchmarks as a high performer amongst Ontario teaching hospitals
- Patients and families are full partners in our innovation, quality improvement and design initiatives
- Our communities are inspired to provide philanthropic support for our master facilities plan
In 2020-2021 together with our patients, families and partners we will:
Advance patient access-to-care while maintaining our pandemic response by deﬁning our Virtual Health service design and expanding surgical inpatient capacity
Prepare for Accreditation by completing an assessment of Required Organizational Practices and addressing gaps
Reduce hospital-acquired pressure injuries
Build ﬁnancial resilience
Engage patient and family partners in all annual corporate plan initiatives that impact the patient experience
Begin redevelopment Project-Speciﬁc Output Speciﬁcation and release a Request for Qualiﬁcations