An outbreak of COVID-19 in our hospital is a very real worry, so it is crucial that we keep our patients, staff and hospital environment safe. Kingston Health Sciences Centre provides the most highly specialized care for the entire Southeastern Ontario region. We care for over 450 inpatients every night and provide outpatient, surgical and emergency services to several thousand people every day. In some cases, we are the only hospital in the entire region that provides specific types of care. We must keep our site safe from COVID-19. We are here to care for you and your loved one. Please help us to continue to be here for you when you need us most.
Until further notice, patients and staff are permitted to enter our KGH and HDH sites only at designated entrances.
- With the exceptions below, all patients and families should enter through the main Kidd/Davies entrance at 76 Stuart Street.
- Patients of the Cancer Centre and Renal / Kidney Program should enter through the King Street entrance
- Patients needing the Emergency Department must use that entrance
- Staff must enter at the Watkins 2 or Connell 0 entrance and will be required to swipe in with their ID badge
- With the exceptions below, all patients and families should enter through the main entrance at 166 Brock Street.
- Patients needing the Urgent Care Centre must use that entrance
- Staff must enter at the Johnson 1 entrance and will be required to swipe in with their ID badge
At each of the approved entrances, people will be screened and should be prepared to answer questions related to travel history and health symptoms.
Please review and follow the KHSC mandatory staff and affiliate vaccination policy.
We require those noted below to adhere to this policy.
- Affiliates: all non-employee and non-physician/non-credentialed staff including, but not limited to, learners, contractors and service providers, vendors, researchers, and volunteers (including Board members, patient advisors and other volunteers)
- Contractors and Service Providers: includes third parties that KHSC has an established contract with, or otherwise engages or retains, who provide goods and/or services, as well as any outside personnel or business entity working on site at KHSC excluding those who are on site for less than 15 minutes AND are not entering a clinical/patient care area.
Once access is approved, the above parties should use the staff screening entrances at the KHSC site where they are working.