COVID-19 PCR Testing
Members of the general public with mild symptoms of COVID-19 generally do not require confirmatory PCR testing. Rapid antigen test (RAT) kits remain available at no cost through select grocery stores and pharmacies.
COVID-19 PCR testing remains available to those who are eligible through select participating pharmacies at no cost in the Kingston and surrounding area.
- You must meet Ontario COVID-19 PCR testing eligibility requirements to access testing at the local pharmacies. Travel testing is not included.
- Please call the pharmacy ahead of time to arrange the test. Please be aware this service may not be offered on weekends.
Pharmacists can now prescribe Paxlovid to eligible individuals in person or by phone at no cost. Eligible individuals should contact their local pharmacy to confirm if they prescribe Paxlovid, and how to get a prescription.
- Screen yourself here to see if you are eligible.
- COVID-19 anti-viral treatment must be started within 5 days of symptom onset.
- A positive RAT is sufficient to access Paxlovid, you do not require a positive PCR test.
- Click here to learn more.
If you work in a high-risk setting (i.e. hospitals, congregate living settings with medically and socially vulnerable individuals), please contact your employer as you may have access to COVID-19 PCR testing through your workplace if it is a requirement for return-to-work.
How do I obtain my COVID-19 test result?
For COVID-19 results, please visit the COVID-19 Results Portal.
If you are unable to access your results online, contact the testing location or your primary care provider.
COVID-19 vaccinations remain widely available through KFLA Public Health, select participating pharmacies and through your primary care provider.
Ontario COVID-19 PCR testing eligibility requirements
Ontario COVID-19 anti-viral (Paxlovid) eligibility.
Pharmacies that offer COVID-19 PCR testing to those eligible (Kingston and surrounding area)
Pharmacies and grocery stores that provide rapid antigen test kits
KFLA COVID-19 isolation instructions
To access COVID-19 PCR test results - COVID-19 Results Portal.
COVID-19 vaccinations - Pharmacies
COVID-19 vaccinations – KFLA Public Health