Donating equipment or supplies
As you are likely aware, there is an extremely high demand for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Ensuring PPE is available to everyone who needs it, when and where they need it is our critical first line of defense against COVID-19.
Our PPE supply is secure right now, but we will need to find more in the coming weeks and months. Many local businesses (for example: mechanical shops, construction companies, veterinarians and dentists offices) may have a stock of these items that are currently not being used.
We are asking the community to donate PPE and other supplies including:
- Masks (N95, surgical, or procedural masks)
- Disposable gloves
- Medical or surgical gowns
- Tyvek suits
- Face shields, visors and safety goggles
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Hand soap (unscented)
- Cleaning supplies
We will accept expired N95 masks as we can use those for mask-fit testing of our staff/physicians. At this time, we cannot accept hand-sewn masks through this process.
To make a donation, please contact Maryanne Takala via email at Maryanne.Takala@3SO.ca. Donations that cannot be used by the hospital will be shared among other community services.
Please, do not drop supplies off at either hospital site. 3SO staff will direct you to a community drop-off location and ensure your goods are safely delivered to our hospital sites.
Financial donations can help us keep up with rapidly changing health care needs. At this time, KHSC and Providence Care are asking those who wish to help to direct their support to:
- Donations to Areas of Greatest Priority – both KHSC and Providence Care have constant need for equipment to provide care to our patients, clients and residents.
- Comfort funds – supports for patients, clients and residents to assist with distraction, maintaining connections with family electronically and other comforts; and funds to allow us to recognize the staff for their diligent and dedicated work during this time of pandemic outbreak – including but not limited to providing lunches/snacks/coffee.
Donations may be made by visiting UHKF's website at www.UHKF.ca/donate.
Donating audio/video equipment
We are looking for donations of computer video/audio conferencing equipment to support our staff and physicians. We are asking for donations for these equipment types:
- Webcams with USB connections
- Wired/wireless headsets with USB connection
- All in one video/audio desktop design with USB connection
These donations will allow our teams to have virtual meetings and e-visits between physicians and their patients. If you have some of these items you wish to donate, please email@example.com