We are proactively screening everyone who enters our Hotel Dieu Hospital and Kingston General Hospital sites. Screening helps us quickly identify patients and staff who have signs and symptoms or are at risk of having a COVID-19 infection. Please also come a few minutes early for your scheduled procedure or appointment as it takes a few minutes to go through the screening process when you enter.
What will I be asked at screening?
You will be asked the following questions when you arrive to Hotel Dieu Hospital site or Kingston General Hospital site:
- Do you have a new cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or fever/chills (onset in the past seven days)? (temperature of ≥ 37.8◦C)
- Do you have any new symptom of a respiratory illness (onset in the past 7 days) including:
- A runny nose or sneezing, nasal congestion (not due to allergies)
- Unexplained fatigue or malaise
- Nausea, diarrhea
- Changes in your sense of taste/smell
- Have you been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results or ever tested positive for COVID-19? (Asymptomatic or surveillance testing does not apply)
- In the last 14 days, have you travelled outside of Ontario, or been in contact with a sick traveler?
- In the past 14 days, have you had close contact with someone who is sick with a respiratory infection OR is suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19?
What if I answer yes to any of these questions?
Help us keep our staff and other patients safe by answering honestly and keeping in place any mask you are given by our screening staff until you are told to remove it by your nurse or doctor.
If you are a patient and you answer yes to any of these questions, you will be provided with a mask and you can proceed to your appointment where we will discuss your care options with you.
Visitors and support persons who answer yes to any of the questions are not permitted to enter the building.