We no longer actively screen everyone who enters our Hotel Dieu Hospital and Kingston General Hospital sites. However, because we care for some of most vulnerable patients in our communities, we ask families and visitors to help us keep their loved ones and our staff safe by not visiting or accompanying patients if they are sick or symptomatic with COVID-19 or other viruses that circulate during the respiratory illness season. We encourage all individuals to get vaccinated for COVID-19 and influenza.
At all patient/visitor entrances:
- All patients and visitors are expected to self-screen for symptoms of infectious illness (e.g., fever, cough, chills, sore throat) consistent with signage posted.
- Outpatients who have any symptoms are asked to report them to the registration or clinical staff when they arrive at their clinic.
- Visitors who do not “pass” screening cannot enter.
- Before proceeding into the hospital, patients and visitors must:
- put on a hospital-issued mask from the supply of masks provided
- sanitize their hands.