Your appointment slip will confirm the type of appointment scheduled for you whether it is an in-person, telephone or video appointment.
Telephone or video call
- You might use a regular telephone, a smartphone, a computer or a tablet for the appointment. Note that the call may be coming from a blocked or unknown number.
- If you are using the Internet for a video call, check your Internet connection to ensure that it is working– a wired connection is often better than a wireless connection.
- Download and test any software that your healthcare provider uses for virtual appointments.
- If you are new to the technology and software, have a test call with a family member or friend.
- If you have a family member or friend with you, make sure your health care provider knows and can see them