There are a number of services available throughout Kingston Health Sciences Centre (KHSC) to make your visit more convenient.
For a list of the available services, please see the list below, or see the Retail Services map for our Kingston General site.
Automated Banking Machines
Hotel Dieu Hospital site
There is a Kawartha Credit Union automated banking machine in the main lobby.
Kingston General Hospital site
There are three (3) automated banking machines at the Kingston General Hospital (KGH) site for your use. Transactions are free for all credit union and National Bank customers. All other individuals will pay a transaction fee of $1.50. A portion of these fees go to the University Hospitals Kingston Foundation to support the purchase of equipment as well as other hospital programs. Locations of the machines are listed below:
- In the main hospital lobby near the information desk and the Auxiliary Café
- Near the central bank of elevators in the Connell wing across from the Tuck Shop
- On the lower level outside the Atrium, across from the entrance to the On the Go Bistro
Chapels and Inter-Faith Centres
Hotel Dieu hospital site
We provide two sacred spaces for quiet reflection, meditation or prayer:
- Hotel Dieu Hospital Chapel
- Located on Sydenham 2 (at Sydenham Street entrance)
- Open 6:00 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. weekdays
- Mass at 11:30 a.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Inter-Faith Centre
- Sydenham 3, Room 390
- Open 6:00 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. weekdays
The Inter-Faith Centre is a sacred space for quiet prayer, meditation and reflection. Religious books are available for the major faith traditions. Additional information about other faith traditions is available upon request from the Spiritual Health, Mission & Ethics office at 613-544-3310 extension 2231.
Human and animal images are prohibited to ensure all faith traditions are honoured in this centre.
Kingston General hospital site
- The Spiritual Centre
- Located on Kidd 2, across from the Intensive Care Unit
- Open 24 hours a day to all patients, families, staff, learners and volunteers
Besides being a healing refuge from the busy pace of the hospital, the Spiritual Centre also offers the following opportunities:
- Non-denominational prayer services are held most mornings Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:10 a.m.
- Aboriginal Smudging Ceremonies are arranged upon request by contacting a Spiritual Health Practitioner at 613-549-6666 extension 2222. If needed, sacred medicines, such as cedar, sage, sweet grass, and traditional tobacco can be made available.
- For Muslims, the direction of Quibla (towards Mecca) is indicated and prayer mats provided.
- Mindfulness Meditation is held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:00 p.m. (noon) to 12:30 p.m.
- Sunday Worship service / Roman Catholic Mass is celebrated at 9:30 a.m.
- An Interdenominational service is held on the 3rd Tuesday of every month in the Connell 3 sunroom where all are welcome.
Lovell Clinic Pharmacy
The Lovell Clinic Pharmacy is available to fill your prescriptions or for pick up of non-prescription items during your time at either KHSC site. The pharmacy is located in the main lobby of both our sites. Hours of operation are from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on weekdays. Closed on weekends and holidays.
HDH site location: 613-546-8359
KGH site location: 613-546-2611
Kingston Community Credit Union
A branch office of Kingston Community Credit Union is located at the KGH site, in the main lobby, behind the Tim Hortons outlet. Hours of operation are 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (noon) and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on weekdays. Closed on weekends and holidays.
Auxiliary Hair Salon
The Auxiliary Hair Salon is located on Connell 1 at the KGH site, next to the Volunteer Office and offers full professional services by a licensed hair stylist to all patients and staff. The salon is also wheelchair accessible.
The stylist is also able to offer bedside service in patient care areas at the KGH site. Services include perms, colours, shampoo/set and cuts.
Regular hours: CLOSED until further notice.
To make an appointment please contact the hair stylist at 613-549-6666 extension 4235.
KGH site Auxiliary Lottery Booth
The KGH Auxiliary Lottery Booth sells all types of OLG lottery tickets and is located on Connell 1, near the KGH site Auxiliary Tuck Shop.
All profits from the lottery booth are directed to the Auxiliary's annual contribution to KHSC. Hours of operation are: CLOSED until further notice.
*Note - Hours may vary depending on the availability of volunteers
Public washrooms are available on every unit and floor throughout KHSC. There are also fully accessible public washrooms located throughout KHSC that can accommodate larger scooters.
Most care units have accessible public washrooms available, please check with a member of the care team for more information.
Please be aware that to prevent the spread of infections and to keep you safe, the washrooms in patient rooms are for the use of our patients only.
We ask that items such as wipes, even if they are labelled as "flushable," are not disposed of using the toilets in the washrooms.
Internet access is available in all areas of KHSC through a secure wireless network. You do not need a password to access the wireless network.