KHSC Volunteer Services to Hotel Dieu Hospital Site ("Volunteer Services to HDH") has a strong history of supporting patients and families at our HDH site through services that demonstrate our commitment to safe, patient-centred care:
- Through onsite retail businesses and special fundraising events, we honour major pledges to the HDH site (e.g., for redevelopment, clinic expansion) and other donations, typically contributing up to $150,000 each year towards the purchase of hospital equipment and patient comforts. As well, we support the popular Students' Art Gallery, located in the main hallway near the Children's Outpatient Centre and KidsInclusive Centre for Child & Youth Development.
- We are proud to provide leadership for volunteer activities at the HDH site, and we invite all volunteers to join Volunteer Services to HDH.
- Strong believers in health care education, each year we award young student volunteers a Student Volunteer Education Bursary for post-secondary studies.
Our retail services include the:
- Brockview Café, located in the main lobby at the HDH site and is open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Offers a healthy assortment of hot and cold meals and beverages as well as a daily lunch special, pizza and soup of the day.
- Brock Boutique, located in the main lobby at the HDH site and open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday, offers a wide assortment of gift items, clothing, jewellry, seasonal houseware, gift cards, snacks and more.
- Snack Cart, which operates 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Monday to Friday. Provides beverages and snacks to those waiting in clinical areas.
(Please note: To volunteer in one of our fundraising areas (Brockview Cafe, Brock Boutique or Snack Cart), please complete the formal volunteer application process through KHSC Volunteer Services. Find out about the roles and application process here.)
Our Fundraising Committee assists in organizing and facilitating a variety of fundraising activities, including theatre nights, bake sales and more. We value everyone's creativity and welcome new ideas! In our organization, this is a crucial and very rewarding role. The time commitment for Committee members is flexible, about one meeting each month as well as time at the actual events.
Looking to volunteer but don't have the time to hold a regular position? Volunteer Services to HDH may have something of interest for you on our Board of Directors, a dedicated group of volunteers who oversee our retail services, fundraising, communications and more. Currently we are recruiting for the following positions: Secretary, Treasurer and Fundraising Committee.
- visit Our Volunteers page
- contact Volunteer Services at email@example.com OR
- telephone 613-548-2359.
Join us by applying to be a KHSC volunteer.