Many generous community members have asked about how they can support KHSC patients and staff this holiday season. We are thankful for the gratitude, but unfortunately we need to take precautions to be as safe as possible.
Here are some guidelines for how to safely give to the KHSC community this holiday season:
Gifts for Patients
- Gifts to patients from their loved ones are permitted if they are intended for one patient only, are delivered sealed or wrapped, and are cleanable in original packaging.
- Must be delivered by their designated family member only on approved visiting days.
- You can safely send a beautiful holiday gift to a loved one in hospital through the KGH Auxiliary Online Gift Shop. Delivery is free within our KGH site. Shop today by clicking here.
Gifts for Staff
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept ANY shared food items this year (including tins of homemade cookies, boxes of chocolates, gift baskets, etc.) due to strict infection control measures related to COVID-19.
- We encourage you to thank staff and departments with an Honour Your Caregiver certificate. This is a wonderful way to say “thank you” while also making a donation to the patient comfort fund. Visit UHKF.ca for more information or call 613-549-5452.