KHSC provides a wide range of care and treatments for various conditions related to the human eye. We have three clinic locations at our Hotel Dieu site:
Mary Alice 1 Ophthalmology Clinic
- Located on Level 1: Enter at the main Brock Street entrance and proceed straight ahead past the Information Desk. Turn right and walk up the short ramp to the Mary Alice 1 eye clinic Registration area.
Johnson 2 Research & Low Vision Rehabilitation Clinic
- Located on Johnson 2: Enter at the main Brock Street entrance and take an elevator to Level 2. Turn right off the elevator and then right again. Follow the hallway to the windows at the far end and turn right. Follow the hallway until you see signage for the Ophthalmology Research Area and Low Vision Rehabilitation Clinic.
Johnson 6 Ophthalmology Clinic
- Located on Johnson 6: Enter at the main Brock Street entrance and take an elevator to Level 6. Turn right off the elevator and then right again. Follow the hallway to the clinic Registration desk.
Preparing for your appointment
When are coming to an Ophthalmology Clinic, please remember to bring the following:
- your appointment slip which includes the time and date of your appointment
- your Health Card (OHIP card)
- a complete and current list of your medications provided to you by your pharmacist OR all of the medications in their original drugstore containers. This includes insulin, inhalers, prescribed creams or eye drops as well as non-prescription medications or supplements such as herbals and vitamins.
You are welcome to bring a family member or friend for support or personal assistance. They are welcome to attend your clinic visit with you if you wish. You may also want to bring a snack in case your clinic appointment is delayed or runs late.
If you need to check your appointment time, re-schedule your appointment or cancel your appointment, please call us using the number on your appointment slip.
If you have lost your appointment slip, please call 613-548-2342 or our toll-free number at 1-855-851-3490.
NOTE: Patients must be referred to this service by a physician or healthcare professional.
Services We Offer
Below is a list of the various services our Ophthalmology Team provides:
- Cataract Surgery
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Cornea & External Disease
- Low Vision Rehabilitation Clinic
- Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery and Orbit
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Refractive Surgery
- Ocular Pathology
Billing and Payment
Occasionally patients are billed for services. When this happens you will be notified in advance. For details on how to pay a bill, please visit our Billing and Expenses page.
To reach our Central Booking Office, please call: