For more information for Canadians living with kidney disease, we recommend the Kidney Foundation of Canada and their Patient Guidebook, which can be accessed here.
For information on health services available in the South Eastern Ontario region, please visit the South East healthline.
You are also encouraged to contact your local Transplant Advocate Association. The Transplant Advocate Association’s mission is to provide support, knowledge and encouragement to those touched by organ and tissue transplantation and to inform the public about the need and benefits to others of organ and tissue donation. To learn more, please visit their website by clicking here.
Transplant Resources (Trillium Gift of Life resources)
Peer Support Groups
- Peer support groups through Kidney.ca
- Peer support through the Kidney Community
- Resources to aid caregiver related stress
Nutritional Fact Sheets
Financial Support Options
- General information on Short Term Financial Assistance
- General information on the Home Hemodialysis Utility Grant
- General information on the Tax form resources
- General information on insurance advice
Medication Information and Funding Options
Managing your Symptoms
Patient and Family Experience Video Series
- Patient and family experience video series can be accessed by clicking here
Local Health Services Available:
- Information on local health services can be accessed by clicking here