Kingston Health Sciences Centre, Connell 4, KGH campus
A dedicated,10,000-square-foot research space where patients and families collaborate with scientists, doctors and treatment teams to improve health care.
Why patient-oriented research?
Patient perspectives are critical to research. Patient participation helps doctors and researchers ask the right questions, collect the right information, and focus on the results that lead to better treatments and care.
One centre for multi-disciplinary research
Being located in a hospital setting allows clinician-scientists, researchers and research volunteers to work together in a safe and accessible environment, with nearby support if required. Overnight stay facilities allow for 24-hour monitoring of study patients, enabling clinicians to conduct Phase 1 and 2 clinical trials, crucial steps in the development of new drug and device treatments and therapies.
- Shared labs and work spaces
- Treatment room for minor surgeries and procedures
- Clinical trials unit, including overnight stay facilities
- Eye-tracking labs and KINARM robotic assessment labs
- Gastrointestinal diseases research lab
- Patient exam rooms and comfortable waiting and nourish areas
- State-of-the art meeting rooms and areas for monitoring visits
More about Our Research
Learn more about what is available for Patients and families