There are a number of services available throughout Kingston Health Sciences Centre (KHSC) to make your visit more convenient.
For a list of the available services, please see the list below, or see the Retail Services map for our Kingston General site.
Automated Banking Machines
Hotel Dieu Hospital site
There is a Kawartha Credit Union automated banking machine in the main lobby.
Kingston General Hospital site
There are three (3) automated banking machines at the Kingston General Hospital (KGH) site for your use. Transactions are free for all credit union and National Bank customers. All other individuals will pay a transaction fee of $1.50. A portion of these fees go to the University Hospitals Kingston Foundation to support the purchase of equipment as well as other hospital programs. Locations of the machines are listed below:
- In the main hospital lobby near the information desk and the Auxiliary Café
- Near the central bank of elevators in the Connell wing across from the Tuck Shop
- On the lower level outside the Atrium, across from the entrance to the On the Go Bistro
Hotel Dieu Hospital site
We provide two sacred spaces for quiet reflection, meditation or prayer:
Hotel Dieu Hospital Chapel: Located on Sydenham 2 (at Sydenham Street entrance) and open 6 a.m. to 5:45 p.m., Monday to Friday. Mass takes place 11:30 a.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Inter-Faith Centre: Located on Sydenham 3, Room 390 and open 6 a.m. to 5:45 p.m., Monday to Friday. Religious books, symbols and prayer mats are available for the major faith traditions. Additional information about other faith traditions is available upon request from the Spiritual Health, Mission & Ethics office at 613-544-3310, ext. 2231. Human and animal images are prohibited to ensure all faith traditions are honoured in this centre.
Kingston General hospital site
- Spiritual Centre: Located on Kidd 2, across from the Intensive Care Unit. Open 24 hours a day to all who wish to use the space for your healing practices. Sacred writings, symbols and prayer mats are available; the Quibla is placed on the wall for guidance for those who wish to orientate themselves in this way.
- Mamawi Room: Located on Connell 6, the Mamawi Room is an “all nations healing space” where patients, their families and Elders can gather for culturally important ceremonies such as smudging, circle prayer and singing. Being together ("Mamawi" means together) supports patients on their journey to healing. The room is always unlocked and accessible for all people, including persons in beds and wheelchairs. If you require support to access the Mamawi Room or if you require sacred medicines for prayer please contact our Spiritual Health Practitioners at 613-548-6094.
Lovell Clinic Pharmacy
The Lovell Clinic Pharmacy is available to fill your prescriptions or for pick up of non-prescription items during your time at either KHSC site. The pharmacy is located in the main lobby of both our sites. Hours of operation are from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on weekdays. Closed on weekends and holidays.
HDH site location: 613-546-8359
KGH site location: 613-546-2611
Kingston Community Credit Union
A branch office of Kingston Community Credit Union is located at the KGH site, in the main lobby, behind the Tim Hortons outlet. Hours of operation are 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (noon) and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on weekdays. Closed on weekends and holidays.
Auxiliary Hair Salon
The Auxiliary Hair Salon is located on Connell 1 at the KGH site, next to the Volunteer Office and offers full professional services by a licensed hair stylist to all patients and staff. The salon is also wheelchair accessible.
The stylist is also able to offer bedside service in patient care areas at the KGH site. Services include perms, colours, shampoo/set and cuts.
Regular hours: CLOSED until further notice.
To make an appointment please contact the hair stylist at 613-549-6666 extension 4235.
KGH site Auxiliary Lottery Booth
The KGH Auxiliary Lottery Booth sells all types of OLG lottery tickets and is located on Connell 1, near the KGH site Auxiliary Tuck Shop.
All profits from the lottery booth are directed to the Auxiliary's annual contribution to KHSC. Hours of operation are: CLOSED until further notice.
*Note - Hours may vary depending on the availability of volunteers
Public washrooms are available on every unit and floor throughout KHSC. There are also fully accessible public washrooms located throughout KHSC that can accommodate larger scooters.
Most care units have accessible public washrooms available, please check with a member of the care team for more information.
Please be aware that to prevent the spread of infections and to keep you safe, the washrooms in patient rooms are for the use of our patients only.
We ask that items such as wipes, even if they are labelled as "flushable," are not disposed of using the toilets in the washrooms.
Internet access is available in all areas of KHSC through a secure wireless network. You do not need a password to access the wireless network.