Please note - The walk-in Pediatric Urgent Care Clinic Holiday Hours:
- Thursday, Dec. 24 - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Friday , Dec. 25 - CLOSED
- Monday, Dec. 28 - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 29 - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 30 - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 31 - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Friday, January 1 - CLOSED
The Children’s Outpatient Clinic at KHSC’s Hotel Dieu Hospital site serves patients from birth until their 18th birthday. COPC is home to both booked specialty pediatric clinics and a walk-in Urgent Care Clinic for pediatric patients who may require care that can’t wait for an appointment with their family doctor. If your child requires immediate care for a serious illness, major trauma or other medical emergency, please take them to the Emergency Department at our KGH site.
We understand that this can be a scary experience for children and a stressful time for parents. The staff at COPC are committed to ensuring that their patients and families feel safe and have a complete understanding of the care experience. We encourage you to ask questions at any time about your child’s care.
The COPC Urgent Care Clinic is open Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and is located on Jeanne Mance 1. Enter the hospital through the main entrance off Brock Street and turn left, walking past the Café. The COPC is the first door on your left.
Please note that patients requiring care at the COPC Urgent Care Clinic are not seen in order of arrival. This is to make sure that we see our sickest patients first. When patients arrive at the COPC Urgent Care Clinic, they will be seen by our triage nurse first. Please have a seat in our triage waiting area and one of our nurses will call patients up depending on how sick they might be.
Specialty Clinics at COPC
Our specialty clinics are open Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.. This clinics include care for:
- Cystic fibrosis
- Newborn Screening
- General Pediatrics
- Infectious Diseases
If you are coming to one of these special clinics, please remember to bring the following:
- Your appointment slip which includes the time and date of your appointment
- Your Health Card, also known as your OHIP card
- A complete and up-to-date list of your current medications provided to you by your pharmacist, or all of the medications you are currently taking, in their original drugstore container. This includes insulin, inhalers, any prescribed creams or eye drops as well as any non-prescription medications or supplements such as herbals and vitamins
You are also welcome to bring a family member or friend for support or personal assistance and they are welcome to attend your clinic visit with you if you wish. You may also bring a snack in case your clinic appointment is delayed or runs late.
If you need to check your appointment time, re-schedule your appointment or cancel your appointment time, please call us using the number on your appointment slip.
If you have lost your appointment slip, please call 613-548-2342, or our toll-free number at 1-855-851-3490.
Please note, Patients must be referred to this service by a doctor or other healthcare professional.