PSI Foundation - Funding for COVID-19 Research
NEW: The PSI Foundation PSI Foundation will fund up to $1 million for clinical research into COVID-19. Please submit applications as soon as possible. Full review of applications is anticipated by June 2020.
Click here for more information.
KGHRI-Queen's Internal Funding Competitions:
Each year the Faculty of Health Sciences at Queen’s University and Kingston General Health Research Institute run competitions for various sources of funding made available from faculty research funds and hospital foundation funds.
The 2020 Health Sciences Internal Grant Competition is now open. Funding is available in the areas of:
- Neurological Sciences and Encephalitis
- Cardiovascular Research
- Pulmonary and Respiratory Diseases Research
- NEW: Spinal Cord Research
- NEW: Pain Management
- Cancer (general)
- Prostate Cancer * SEE NOTE BELOW
Please note: All investigators must register before submitting an application.
Registration deadline for all funds (except Prostate Cancer) is Friday, Jan. 24, 2020.
* NOTE: Investigators interested in applying for the Prostate Cancer funds (using Prostate Cancer Fight Foundation and Ride for Dad funds) are encouraged to register as soon as possible to receive up-to-date information on the funds available and timing for the dual application process.
Application deadline for all funds is Friday, March 20, 2020. (see TRAQ note below)
Download the TRAQ DSS form here - NOTE: This form should be submitted at least five business days prior to the application deadline.
University Hospitals Kingston Foundation – Innovation Fund
The UHKF Health Care Innovation Fund provides timely seed funding for innovations that develop, improve or expand treatment options and/or care outcomes for patients, clients and residents of the Kingston hospitals. We are looking to fund, up to a maximum of $50,000, pilot projects that have the potential to positively impact patient care. Innovations may include:
- A new process or procedure;
- A new process for enhancing patient education and/or awareness;
- A technical advancement;
- A new business model;
- Improvement of an existing program or process; and/or
- The introduction of a clinical program, diagnostic test or procedure to the Kingston hospitals to ensure our level of innovation is on par with other Ontario academic health sciences centres.
Congratulations to Dr. Kimberly Dow, neonatologist and clinician scientist, the inaugural recipient of this award. Read about her research project.
Update about funding opportunities coming soon.
Queen's University funding opportunities:
Queen's University Research Services offers comprehensive services for finding and applying for internal and external research funding:
J.P. Bickell Foundation Medical Research Program annual competition:
This competition is now concluded. Details about 2020 competition coming soon.
If you are a SEAMO physician, you may also apply for:
- the AHSC AFP Innovation Fund competition - now concluded
- the Medical Education Development Program - now concluded