It’s essential that we take the screening process seriously. The health and safety of everyone in our hospitals depends on keeping COVID-19 at bay. We all help make that happen by being appropriately screened before coming to work.
Staff Screening Questions
Click here for current Staff Screening Questions (updated April 20, 2022).
Return-to-work guidance for those with positive COVID contacts
Please note these options if you require return-to-work guidance in the event of contact with a positive COVID-19 case (household or community):
- Monday-Friday, regular working hours: contact your manager for assessment
- Monday-Friday, 6-8 a.m. & 4-8 p.m.: call the COVID-19 Staff Hotline (613-548-6041)
- Weekends: call the COVID-19 Staff Hotline (613-548-6041)
Click here for return-to-work guidance/precautions for staff with COVID-19 contacts (household or community). If you are unable to report to work, then follow the appropriate process (e.g., reporting to your manager or People Services Centre). If you need an Emergency Leave or Leave of Absence during off hours, the normal process of approval from the Operations Manager will be required.
COVID-19 Staff Hotline: 613-548-6041
Provides staff with need-to-know COVID-19 information about screening, testing, PCR self-tests, return-to-work protocols, etc. Open 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily (including weekends). NOTE: As of May 24, the Hotline will operate 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. daily (including weekends).
This hotline is for COVID-19 queries only. For all other OHSW-related queries, contact OHSW during regular business hours weekdays. On weekends/stat holidays, call KGH ext. 4389 to be connected to the Occupational Health Nurse on call 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
You may be instructed to self-isolate at work. Review Work Isolation at KHSC (updated April 4, 2022).
Staff screening entrances:
- HDH site: Johnson 1 entrance; accessible 24/7; after hours (5 p.m. to 6 a.m.) staff can also screen in at the Jeanne Mance 1 main entrance (use screening station #2)
- KGH site: Located at Watkins 2 and Connell 0; accessible 24/7.
- Staff working at offsite buildings or satellite services will be provided with a screening tool.
- Staff entrances are equipped with self-screening stations that require you to use a barcode scanner when completing the screening process. You must have a KHSC-issued ID badge (with working barcode) in order to enter the building and screen.
- If you forget your badge, then you cannot enter/screen in at W2, C0 or J1. You must exit and enter at the main hospital entrance (Jeanne Mance 1 or Kidd-Davies 1) to be able to screen in with assistance from screening staff at those locations. Bypassing the screening station and entering the hospital will not be tolerated.
- If you scan “fail,” then pop-up instructions will provide direction and advise if you can proceed to work on Work Isolation or if you must exit and contact Occupational Health, Safety & Wellness.
- The following groups must enter through the hospital’s main entrance:
- current staff who have forgotten/misplaced their KHSC-issued ID badge on a given day
- staff who have accessibility challenges (e.g., visual impairment)
- new hires entering the hospital for the first time without a KHSC-issued ID badge
- vendors without a KHSC-issued ID (leaders: be sure to communicate this change as needed).