Please read the current Staff Screening Questions and Guidance (updated Nov. 16, 2021). It’s essential that we take the screening process seriously. The health and safety of everyone in our hospitals depends on keeping COVID-19 at bay. We all help make that happen by being appropriately screened before coming to work.
You may be instructed to self-isolate at work. Review Work Isolation at KHSC here.
Staff screening entrances are located at:
- Watkins 2 (look for white awning): Open daily 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Connell 0: Open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., 7 days a week. Upon entry, follow signage to screening stations in Watkins 2 lobby. NOTE: Between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. daily staff must enter/screen at the Kidd/Davies (main) entrance.
- ONLY on-call staff (i.e. emergency situations) are permitted to access the Watkins 2 screening entrance after hours (i.e., from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m).
- Johnson 1 entrance: Monday to Friday, 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Self-screening at same entrance runs 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Jeanne Mance 1 (main) entrance: Saturday & Sunday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. From 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. please use Johnson 1 entrance for self-screening.
Staff working at offsite buildings or satellite services will be provided with a screening tool.
Staff entrances are equipped with self-screening stations that require you to use a barcode scanner when completing the screening process. Staff are responsible for ensuring they have a valid ID badge (with working barcode) upon entry.
Please read the questions carefully every time you enter. Self-screening is monitored by designated screeners that can assist with questions or troubleshooting.