In addition to our Patient and Family Advisory Council, Patient Experience Advisors ensure the patient and family’s voice is heard on councils and committees throughout Kingston Health Sciences Centre (KHSC).
In total, there are now over 215 active positions on 119 long and short term committees across the organization where Patient Experience Advisors are partnering with staff to improve the patient experience.
If you, or a loved one, have had an experience of care at KHSC, Hotel Dieu or Kingston General Hospital sites and would be interested in partnering with staff and physicians please consider becoming an advisor.
For more information about applying to become a Patient/Family Experience Advisor, please contact the office of Patient- and Family-Centred Care (PFCC) at Kingston Health Sciences Centre by:
The current patient representatives for each council are:
- Cardiac - Patrick Dickey, Cliff Edwards and Adrien Langlois
- Critical Care – Elizabeth Harlow
- Emergency - Mary Grace Amann and Betty Harlow
- Medicine - Vivian Bethell and Phyllis Davis
- Mental Health - Anne O’Riordan and Reid Cunningham
- Obs/Gyn - Amanda Ross-White
- Oncology - Marla Rosen and Greg Brown
- Pediatrics - Jessica Champlin and Laura Patterson
- SPA - Mary Grace Amann
Additional information about the KHSC Patient and Family Advisory Council and other related sites:
- Southeast Regional Cancer Program Patient & Family Advisory Council
- Institute for Patient and Family Centered Care - provides leadership to advance the understanding and practice of patient- and family-centered care in hospitals and other health care settings.
- Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement Patient Engagement Resource Hub
- Patient Advisors Network - A national, patient-led and patient-governed organization that supports individuals with lived experience to bring their voice to healthcare.