GI Function Unit
The GI Function Unit located on at our Hotel Dieu Hospital site.
Patients must first register at the Jeanne Mance 4 registration desk. To locate the registration desk, enter the main entrance of the Hotel Dieu Hospital site off Brock Street and take the main lobby elevators up to level 4. When you get off the elevators, a sign will direct you to the registration desk. After you have registered, you will need to proceed to the Room 473 in the Johnson Wing. When you leave the registration desk, take a left and then a right.
As part of our Gastroenterology Clinic, we provide the following services:
- 13C Urea Breath Test – bacterial infection Helicobacter pylori
- Lactose Tolerance Breath Test
- Glucose Hydrogen Breath Testing-Bacterial Overgrowth
- 72 Hour Fecal Fat Test
- Fecal Weight
- 24 Hr pH Study
- Esophageal Manometry
- Anorectal Manometry
- Video Capsule Endoscopy – Small Bowel
To access our care and support services, patients require a referral from their family doctor or another health care professional. If you are a health care professional, you can access our referral form here.
Our laboratories received accredited status in 2020. Our laboratory license is issued by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.
You can contact us at 613-544-3400, extension 2417.
- 13C Urea Carbon Dioxide Breath Test
- 24 Hour Ambulatory pH Study
- 24 Hour Ambulatory pH Study-Pediatric
- Adult Rectal Pressure Study
- Esophageal Motility Study
- Fecal Collection for Weight
- Fecal Fat Test Procedure Instructions
- Glucose Hydrogen Breath Test for Bacterial Overgrowth
- Lactose Tolerance Hydrogen Breath Test
- Pediatric Rectal Pressure Study
- Video Capsule Endoscopy
- Fructose Hydrogen Breath Test
- Sucrose Hydrogen Breath Test