The Gastrointestinal Function Testing Unit provides a unique scope of diagnostic tests and procedures to further investigate referred patients with a variety of digestive disorders.
Hotel Dieu Hospital site
Johnson, Level 4 Room 473
Registration: Jeanne Mance, Level 4
You can reach us by calling 613-544-3400 extension 2417
Hours of Operation
Monday & Friday
8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Patients require a referral from their family doctor or another health care professional.
Healthcare professionals can access our referral form here.
- 3C Urea Breath Test - bacterial infection Helicobacter pylori
- Lactose Tolerance Breath Test
- Glucose Hydrogen Breath Testing - Bacterial overgrowth
- Referrals are restricted to surgery, medicine, pediatrics and gastroenterology
- Fecal Weight
Referrals are restricted to surgery, medicine, pediatrics and gastroenterology.
- 24 hour pH study
- Esophagageal Manometry
- Anorectal Manometry
- Video Capsule Endoscopy - Small Bowel
- Patients should bring a list of their current medications including inhalers and over-the-counter medications.
- For details about how to prepare for your appointment in the GI Function Unit please refer to the brochure corresponding with the test or procedure you are scheduled for.
- 13C Urea Carbon Dioxide Breath Test
- 24 Hour Ambulatory pH Study
- 24 Hour Ambulatory pH Study-Pediatric
- Adult Rectal Pressure Study
- Esophageal Motility Study
- Fecal Collection for Weight
- Glucose Hydrogen Breath Test for Bacterial Overgrowth
- Lactose Tolerance Hydrogen Breath Test
- Pediatric Rectal Pressure Study
- Video Capsule Endoscopy
- Fructose Hydrogen Breath Test
- Sucrose Hydrogen Breath Test