The KHSC Movement Disorder Clinic provides care to people who are referred for a movement disorders symptom. This multidisciplinary clinic is dedicated to treatment, education and research in movement disorders.
Hotel Dieu Hospital site
Jeanne Mance, Level 5
Registration: Jeanne Mance, Level 5
To change or cancel an appointment: 613-544-3400 ext. 3720
Regarding medical concerns and referrals, call 613-549-6666, plus:
Dr. Reid ext. 4343
Dr. Cothros ext. 4333
Dr. Sharma ext. 4324
Nurse Practitioner Kim Mahoney ext. 4723
Movement Disorder Clinic fax: 613-548-2314
General Neurology Referral fax: 613-548-6137
Hours of operation
Our hours of operation vary from week to week.
Patients require a referral from their family doctor or another health care professional.
Health care professionals can access our Parkinson's disease referral pathway here.
- Assessment of neurological disorders associated with hyperkinetic, akinetic-rigid or ataxic movement disorders, for example:
- Corticobasal syndrome
- Dystonia (including cervical, orofacial, segmental and generalized types)
- Functional movement disorders
- Huntington's disease
- Multiple system atrophy
- Parkinson's disease
- Progressive supranuclear palsy
- Spastic paraplegia
- Spinocerebellar atrophy
- Tardive dyskinesia
- Wilson's disease
- other neurometabolic disorders causing movement disorders
- Botulinum toxin treatment
- Deep brain stimulation
- Advanced therapies ie: Duodopa or Vyalev
Bring your health card to your appointment.
Bring all current medications including inhalers and over-the-counter medications.
Parkinson's disease resources