Urgent Care Centre
When a same-day appointment isn’t available with your family doctor or a walk-in clinic and your health concern needs to be addressed within 24 hours, the Urgent Care Centre is where to go for non-life-threatening illness or injury. If your concern is NOT urgent, please explore other health-care options at RightPlaceRightCare.ca.
Hotel Dieu Hospital site
144 Brock Street, near the corner of Bagot and Brock streets
You can reach us by calling 613-546-1240.
Hours of Operation
- Open daily at 8 a.m.
- Patient registration may close earlier than 8 p.m. each day. Please call 613-546-1240 and listen to the message to find out if the centre has closed early, due to high patient volumes and staffing currently available.
When to go to the Urgent Care Centre
- Cuts needing stitches
- Sprains and strains
- Deep bruises
- Mild to moderate asthma attacks
- Minor broken bones
- Insect bites and rashes
What you can expect
- Present yourself to the triage nurse with your health card ready.
- A quick assessment will take place to decide how quickly you will need to see a doctor.
- Doctors see the sickest patients first – not by order of arrival.
- The registration clerk then updates any important information in your file, including your address, phone number, the name of your family doctor and the name of your emergency contact.
- If you have not been brought into the patient care area right away for testing, etc., you will be asked to take a seat in the waiting room until you are called.
- If you begin to feel worse or decide to leave, please tell the triage nurse.