Spiritual Health Services
- Spiritual support by referral or request before or after surgery, during clinic appointments, times of uncertainty, grief and sorrow
- One-to-one visits to listen to you in a supportive and non-judgmental way as you talk about your concerns and challenges
- Crisis intervention
- Bereavement support
- Supporting you as you make treatment and care decisions
Support from a Spiritual Health Practitioner
- The Spiritual Health Practitioner is available Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Please call 613-544-3310, ext. 2219 to contact or book an appointment with the Spiritual Health Practitioner.
We provide two sacred spaces for quiet reflection, meditation or prayer:
- Hotel Dieu Hospital Chapel: Located on Sydenham 2 (at Sydenham Street entrance) and open 6 a.m to 5:45 p.m, weekdays. Mass is celebrated 11:30 a.m, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Please note that this schedule may change.
- Inter-Faith Centre: Located on Sydenham 3 (Room 390). Open 6 a.m to 5:45 p.m, weekdays. Religious books, symbols and prayer mats are available for the major faith traditions. Additional information about other faith traditions is available upon request from the Spiritual Health, Mission & Ethics office at 613-544-3310, ext. 2231. Human and animal images are prohibited to ensure all faith traditions are honoured in this centre.