Support from a Spiritual Health Practitioner
- The Spiritual Health office is open Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and is located on Victory 2.
- Messages may be left directly at the Spiritual Health Office at 613-548-6094.
- An on-call Spiritual Health Practitioner (On-call Chaplain) is available after hours and on weekends and can be reached by contacting the hospital Switchboard.
- A Roman Catholic Priest is available for emergencies 24/7 and can be reached through the hospital Switchboard.
The Spiritual Centre and the Mamawi Room provide spaces in which persons and groups are welcomed as they follow their spiritual and cultural practices that nurture their healing and resilience.
- Located on Kidd 2 (across from the Intensive Care Unit) and open 24 hours a day to all who wish to use the space for your healing practices
- Sacred writings, symbols and prayer mats are available; the Quibla is placed on the wall for guidance for those who wish to orientate themselves in this way.
- Mindfulness Meditation is held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12 p.m. (noon) to 12:30 p.m.
The Mamawi Room is an “all nations healing space” where patients, their families and Elders can gather for culturally important ceremonies such as smudging, circle prayer and singing. Being together ("Mamawi" means together) supports patients on their journey to healing. The room is always unlocked and accessible for all people, including persons in beds and wheelchairs. You can find the room on Connell 6.
If you require support to access the Mamawi Room or if you require sacred medicines for prayer please reach out to our Spiritual Health Practitioners (613-548-6094) who can help you.