Perioperative Services support all patients who require surgical care at Kingston Health Sciences Centre. These services include outpatient clinic visits, operating room procedures and inpatient stays.
We offer advanced specialized care in the following specialties:
- Cardiac surgery
- Dental surgery
- Enterostomal Therapy Service (digestive or urinary tract surgery)
- General surgery (abdominal, intestinal, stomach and gallbladder surgeries)
- Gynecology (female reproductive surgery)
- Neurosurgery (brain and back surgery)
- Ophthalmology (eye surgery)
- Orthopedic surgery (bone and joint surgery)
- Otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat surgery)
- Plastic surgery (reconstructive, hand and microsurgery)
- Thoracic surgery (lung surgery)
- Urology (surgery of the urinary tract and male reproductive organs)
- Vascular surgery (surgery for diseases of the arteries and veins)
Your multidisicplinary care team may consist of a mix of registered nurses, registered practical nurses, surgeons, students, physiotherapists, patient care assistants, respiratory therapists, and an anesthesiologist.