We provide assessment and therapy for the following:
- Preschool children with speech and language impairments
- School age children and adults with voice problems (including laryngectomees)
- School age children and adults with stuttering problems
- Adults with swallowing problems (Videofloroscopic swallowing assessments only)
We also provide inpatients services at the Kingston General site and provide consultation to the Cleft-Lip / Palate and Resonance Clinic, Hearing Impaired Clinic for Children, Special Infant Clinic and Joint Voice Clinic. We are also a partner agency with the Early Expressions Preschool Speech and Language Program provided by KFL&A Public Health.
If you are coming to the to the Speech-Language Pathology Clinic, please remember to bring the following:
- Your appointment slip which includes the time and date of your appointment
- Your Health Card, also known as your OHIP card
- A complete and up-to-date list of your current medications provided to you by your pharmacist, or all of the medications you are currently taking, in their original drugstore container. This includes insulin, inhalers, any prescribed creams or eye drops as well as any non-prescription medications or supplements such as herbals and vitamins
You are also welcome to bring a family member or friend for support or personal assistance and they are welcome to attend your clinic visit with you if you wish. You may also bring a snack in case your clinic appointment is delayed or runs late.
The Speech-Language Pathology Clinic is located at our Hotel Dieu site, in the Murray Building at 144 Brock Street. Patients with an appointment can go directly to the Murray Building (which has a wheelchair-accessible entrance) or they can come through the the Hotel Dieu site main entrance located off Brock Street, and ask at the Information Desk for directions to the Speech-Language Pathology Clinic.
Appointment and Scheduling Information
If you need to check your appointment time, re-schedule your appointment or cancel your appointment time, please call us using the number on your appointment slip.
If you have lost your appointment slip, please call 613-548-2342, or our toll-free number at 1-855-851-3490.
To access this service, patients require a referral from a family doctor or other health care provider.
If you are concerned about your preschool child’s speech and language development, please make a referral using one of the following methods:
- Call Early Expressions Preschool Speech and Language Program at 613-546-3854, extension 1184 or at 1-800-267-7875 extension 1184
- Complete the online form from KFL&A Public Health located at the bottom of the Early Expressions page
For a Videofloroscopic Swallowing Study, a referral form and completed x-ray requisition from your doctor is required. You can call us at 613-544-3400, extension 3195 to request a referral form.
Patients with voice problems require a recent examination and referral by an Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) doctor.
Clients who suffer from stuttering may refer themselves to our clinic by calling us at 613-544-3400, extension 3195.