The general Dermatology Clinic is located on Jeanne Mance 5 at our Hotel Dieu Hospital site at 166 Brock Street.
If you are looking for information and the referral form for the Mohs Clinic, please click here.
If you are coming to the general Dermatology Clinic, please remember to bring the following:
- Your appointment slip, which includes the time and date of your appointment
- Your Health Card (OHIP card)
- A complete and up-to-date list of your current medications provided to you by your pharmacist OR all of the medications you are currently taking in their original drugstore container. This includes insulin, inhalers, any prescribed creams or eye drops as well as any non-prescription medications or supplements such as herbals and vitamins.
Preparing for your dermatology appointment
- If you have previously had biopsies or blood work done for the same condition you are referred for, please bring these reports with you or contact your referring doctor and request that they be forwarded to us.
- To make a proper diagnosis, the dermatologist will need to be able to look at your skin. Please expect that you may be asked to get undressed. Please do not wear makeup or nail polish on your fingers or toes.
- Medical acts that are not covered by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) may require a fee paid by the patient. This will be discussed with you prior to any such treatment.
- Please allow 1-2 hours for your appointment.
Please note that patients must be referred to this service by a doctor or another healthcare professional.
If you need to check your appointment time, re-schedule your appointment or cancel your appointment time, please call us using the number on your appointment slip.
If you have lost your appointment slip, please call 613-548-2342, or our toll-free number at 1-855-851-3490.
If you cancel your appointment with less than one business day notice, it will be considered a missed appointment as we are not able to offer the slot to another patients.
If you miss your initial appointment your referring doctor will be informed and the consult returned. Should you wish to reschedule, a new consult will be required which will be sorted and booked based on the current waiting list.
If repeated follow-up appointments are missed, you will be discharged from our care and your referring health care provider notified. It will then be up to your referring health care provider or family doctor to manage your ongoing care.
* Please note that we will make every effort to see you as close to your appointment time as possible. However, on occasion emergencies or unexpected situations may delay us. We appreciate your patience and understanding should this occur.