In preparation for your employment at KHSC there are a variety of steps and tasks that you must complete. Please see the items below and the accompanying explanations in order to learn more.
Tasks to be completed before your orientation at KHSC:
- Submit completed New Employee Documents
- Complete Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Visit family physician or local clinic and complete Health Screening Tests
- Attend Occupational Health, Safety, and Wellness appointment
- Visit Security office to obtain hospital ID and IT credentials
- Review essential KHSC policies
Please click here to download the New Employee Checklist to keep track of what you need to complete. If you have any questions regarding the contents of the checklist, please contact your Recruitment Advisor.
In order to create your employee file, the Total Rewards team requires that a series of documents be submitted electronically (by emailing scanned copies or photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org) or physically (by delivering paper copies to the Total Rewards team on Watkins 4 at the KGH site between the hours of 08:00-16:00 Monday-Friday). Delays in submitting these files can result in contact to your manager and/or director and can have impacts on your pay.
Please ensure that you complete and submit the following employee documents as soon as possible:
- Signed Offer of Employment Letter
- Proof of Education (i.e. photocopy of final transcript)
- Completed New Employee Information Form
- Completed Banking Information (including void checkup or direct deposit form)
- Completed Tax Forms
- Completed Benefit Enrollment forms for eligible employees (Note: not everyone is eligible. Please check with your Recruitment Advisor to confirm.)
- Signed Statement of Confidentiality
- Confirmation of Social Insurance Number (please email an image of your SIN card to: email@example.com)
Your offer of employment with KHSC is conditional upon the satisfactory completion of a Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Search. A current criminal reference check is required (within three (3) months of your date of offer). You are responsible for the cost associated with obtaining the criminal reference check.
Your police check can be started by visiting the Kingston Police site or contacting your local police or OPP office. If your police check is not ready by your start date, you will be required to sign an Affidavit on your first day of employment. Please bring a piece of government-issued photo identification to verify your address and signature. If you need to sign an Affidavit, please contact Stephanie Abrams, Lead Recruitment Advisor at Stephanie.Abrams@kingstonhsc.ca
In order to adequately protect our patient, our colleagues, and ourselves is important for to ensure that vaccinations and testing are up-to-date. Please make arrangements with your family physician or a local clinic in order to complete the Pre-Placement Communicable Disease Screening for New Employees.
Please note that testing for TB may require multiple visits and testing costs may vary.*
*All fees associated with the TB testing are the responsibility of the employee.
All KHSC Employees are required to attend an Occupational Health, Safety, and Wellness (OHSW) appointment** where they will learn more about OHSW services, discuss any work-related requirements (i.e. respiratory fit testing), and submit the following completed documents:
- Employee Pre-Placement Health Questionnaire
- Pre-Placement Communicable Disease Screening for New Employees
**Please note that your OHSW appointment is a condition of your employment. Delays in submitting your paperwork and/or attending your OHSW can impact your start date.
Prior to your start date, please visit the Security Office at the KGH Site, on Dietary 1 to complete the following:
- Obtain your ID badge (open 8:00 am until 12 noon), prior to your start date. If you are a temporary employee, there is a $10 fee for the ID badge. Arrangements will be made by the Security Office to deduct this from your first pay. Once your contract is completed, or you become a permanent employee, the $10 fee will be returned to you.
- Obtain your IT access envelope (this contains your information to log into your KHSC account, including email).
- Enroll in Omnicell (Nursing & Pharmacists)
It is important that all KHSC employees have a strong understanding of KHSC’s policies and practices. Starting on your first day, you will be required to adhere to the standards outlined in the policies below:
- Conflict of Interest
- Scent Sensitive Environment
- KHSC Dress Code
- Safe Footwear
- Whistleblowing Policy
Please ensure that you review the standards outlined in the above policies and apply them to your conduct. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the content of these policies, please address them to your manager.