KHSC is offering highly attractive recruitment incentives to successful permanent full-time and permanent part-time candidates (Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses and Medical Lab Technologists) in the following areas that have been identified as having high-priority staffing needs: Medicine, Critical Care, Emergency Department, Cardiac Sciences Unit, Medical Resource Pool, Critical Care Resource Pool and Medical Laboratory Technologist.
Current job opportunities eligible for incentives
- Medical Laboratory Technologist - Clinical Labs
- Registered Nurse (RN) - Medicine
- Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency Medicine
- Registered Nurse (RN) - Critical Care
- Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) - Medicine
The following recruitment incentives will be in effect January 1 to March 31, 2024:
- Eligibility: A $3000 bonus is available to current KHSC staff and physicians who help to fill permanent full-time and part-time RNs, RPNs and Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) positions; the bonus does not apply to newly graduated nurses/MLTs or casual hires
- Conditions: The referrer must be a current KHSC employee. KHSC Human Resources staff, along with Directors and employees above in the organizational chart, cannot qualify for a referral bonus. As well:
- The referee must attend orientation prior to March 31, 2023, to qualify.
- The bonus does not apply if the applicant is a rehire (within 6 months).
- The bonus does not apply if the referred employee currently works for KHSC.
- To maintain eligibility, both the referrer and new employee must be continuously employed throughout the payment installment periods
- Payment: The first installment of $1,500 (50% of the total bonus) will be paid to the referrer when the candidate begins their employment. The second installment of $1,500 (50% of the total bonus) will be paid to the referrer after the candidate successfully completes three months of full-time employment or 6 months of part-time employment in the eligible position.
Recruitment Sign-on Bonus
- Eligibility: A one-time signing bonus of $10,000 will be applicable for designated areas of need or difficult to recruit positions. Only new hires are eligible for this bonus; prior employees must be separated from KHSC for at least 6 months to be re-eligible for a sign-on bonus.
- Conditions: Successful full-time candidates receive the full bonus; part-time candidates receive a half bonus payment ($5,000). Should the employee leave KHSC employ prior to the completion of the 2-year commitment, the signing bonus payout must be returned in full.
- Payout: The first installment of $5,000 (50% of the total bonus) will be paid when the candidate begins employment. The second installment of $2,500 (25% of the total bonus) will be paid to the candidate after successfully completing one year of employment in the eligible position. The final installment of $2,500 (the remaining balance of the bonus) will be paid to the candidate after successfully completing their second year of employment in the eligible position. Installments for part-time hires will be prorated based on 50%, 25%, 25% methodology.
- Eligibility: Available in addition to the Sign-on Bonus for RN/RPN positions and for difficult-to-recruit positions. This incentive can be used as needed when a candidate lives more than 200 kms away. and will be relocating to the Kingston area Up to a maximum of $15,000 can be approved (two-year commitment required).
- Conditions: Up to a combined maximum of $15,000 relocation can be approved:
- up to $2,000 for family relocation support ($500 per nuclear family member)
- up to $6,000 for housing assistance ($500 per month for a period not to exceed 12 months)
- up to $10,000 for moving expenses related to relocating to the Greater Kingston area.
Should the employee leave KHSC employ prior to the completion of the 2-year commitment, relocation assistance payments are to be returned in full.
- Payment: The family relocation support will be paid when the candidate begins their employment. The moving expense fees will be paid when the candidate begins their employment. The housing assistance will be paid monthly on the last pay of the month.