Here are a few of the things you may want to bring to the hospital with you:
- Toiletries - Please bring items such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo and body wash.
- Pillow and blanket - Families may stay in their child’s room in Pediatrics.
- Favourite toys or blankets - these items can make your child feel more comfortable in this new environment
- Footwear - items such as slippers or shoes can come in handy if your child is feeling well enough to get up and move around.
- Comfortable clothing - This is something to keep in mind for both you and your child.
- Medical aids - If your child needs eyeglasses, hearing aids, braces, crutches, etc. please bring them with you.
What items are available on Pediatrics
- Breast pumps are available on the floor for use during your stay if you need them.
- There is a complimentary telephone (local calls), television and Wi-Fi in all rooms.
- The unit has a kitchenette stocked with items such as coffee, tea, crackers, cookies, bread, ice cream and popsicles.