At Kingston Health Sciences Centre, we are proud of our people and recognize that together we’re better. We are committed to fostering an atmosphere that promotes diversity, inclusion and a healthy work environment. In recognition of our efforts, we were awarded the Kingston Immigration Partnership's Diversity Employer Award in 2013.
- We are a community of people and our community is culturally diverse.
- Respect is a guiding principle and this includes respect for difference.
- We are a learning organization and we take the opportunity to learn from difference.
- KHSC provides support for intercultural competency development by providing learning and contact resources for staff development. All employees are required to complete an Intercultural Competency eLearning course called Together We’re Better. Additional information on intercultural competency can be accessed here.
- Our Human Resources Advisors provide assistance when issues involving culture or diversity arise.