Engagement and respect are two of the guiding principles that help support our healthy workplace. Our goal is to have all staff engaged in all aspects of our quality, safety and service improvement initiatives. We believe that collaboration, respect and working together with our people creates a better place to work and drives performance, quality and care delivery. This engagement includes working with our unions as partners in achieving this goal.
Our work environment is more than 90 per cent unionized so our communication, consultations and joint problem solving are keys to our success. We engage cooperatively in both local and provincial collective bargaining processes. We maintain positive labour relations at KHSC with all of our respective organized labour representatives including:
- The Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE)
- The Ontario Nurses Associations (ONA)
- Thee Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU)
- The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada (PIPSC)
- The Professional Association of Residents of Ontario (PARO)